We provide confidential support to patients and families facing complex, difficult medical decisions and to the healthcare professionals caring for them.
Are you facing a difficult medical decision?
- Uncertainty or confusion about what treatment option is best for you/your child
- Questions about your child/youth's role in making health care decisions for themselves
- Concerns about continuing, stopping or refusing treatment
- Issues regarding patient rights
- Different opinions among or between family members and/or healthcare providers about treatment goals or the plan of care
- End of life decision making
An ethics consultation can help.
- We meet with patients, families and/or healthcare teams to identify and help balance various, sometimes conflicting, interests & values
- We assist patients, families and healthcare teams in reaching ethically based decisions and care plans
- We do not make decisions for you
- If there are different views about a plan of care, we can help by providing the opportunity for a discussion that is safe, respectful and fair
Call us to make an appointment for an ethics consultation.
Nina Preto, PhD
Interim Director, PHSA Ethics